In this podcast I’ll share my top tips on how to ease into sobriety, including:
- Committing to yourself
- Showing up every day
- Taking it slow
- Focusing on the benefits of sobriety
- Tuning into your ‘why’
- Practical preparations
Welcome to 2023! This podcast is brought to you from a place of calm, quiet and joy. As I enter my 5th year of sobriety, I am so happy to be able to chat with you about the wonderful topic of taking things slowly, the power of intention and how it all helps us to ease into sobriety.
You may already be taking part in an alcohol-free challenge, how’s that going for you? Whether you are already off the blocks or just thinking about changing your drinking habits, this podcast will encourage you to take a step back, tune in and take it slow!
Despite my grumbling about Dry January (it’s the name of it more than anything else!) January is a really good month to ease into sobriety. And not because we have magical powers on January 1st that allow us to suddenly be able to build new habits, but because January is a nice month, I feel, to slow down, take it easy and find your way.
January is a really good month to ease into sobriety
January can feel like an awful month to do this, if you’re in the northern hemisphere, it is cold and wet, grey and miserable, you might be recovering from Christmas and feeling a bit sad to be leaving the magic and sparkle of the holidays behind. But it is for the same reasons that this can be a really great month to start your sober journey.
I want you to ease into sobriety, just like I did, and build strong foundations for lasting change. The only way to do this is by listening, slowing down and finding your own path. Take your time.
In this episode
- Why I think a Joyful January is a great alternative to Dry January
- How to use the dark time of year to help you to ease into your sober journey
- My favourite ways to embrace this month and take a break from alcohol
- Why building a string foundation is key and how to do it
- The power of taking it slowly
- I share my own experience of how slowing down helped me in the early sober days
Links for more support
- Enjoy a Joyful January with this workbook and accountability tracker
- FREE Guide to Getting through wine o’clock
- Book your cuppachat
- Learn more about 1:1 Sober Coaching
- Finding your Why guided meditation
Leave a Reply